|Name||Virginia Dare's Flute|
|Date Created||(Unknown) edit|
|Powers||Limited ability to control creatures|
Virginia Dare's Flute is one of the Artifacts of Power. It has been mentioned as the technology of a race predating the Elders, at least according to Osiris, who speculated it was either Archon or Earthlord in origin. As a result, Elders are not able to touch the flute or artifacts like it. Seeing as Osiris himself was actually an Earthlord, the Flute may more likely be of Archon Origin. The flute is bound to Virginia. As mentioned in The Necromancer: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, she found it in a cave that is situated in the Grand Canyon. The flute was put there by Marethyu for Virginia to find.
With her flute Virginia is able to create sounds that can:
- Put people and creatures to sleep
- Awake people and creatures from a somnus spell
- Play a note so high that it can cause anyone who hears it to pass out
- Create severe pain
- Mesmerize anyone who hears it to obey the player of the flute
- Kill (?)
- Flute is unable to affect those creatures which are deaf, such as the Lotan
- Flute is unable to affect Marethyu. Most likely this is due to his lack of aura.