Charlemagne's sword, on display.
|Other Names||Sword of Earth|
|Owner(s)||Marethyu (As a part of his hook)|
|Past Owners|| Dr. John Dee
Roland (Paladin of Charlemagne)
|Date Created||(Unknown) edit|
|Destroyed||Became a part of Marethyu's hook|
|Powers||Can kill almost anything
Corruption (likely) Creation of a Leygate
|Other||One of the Swords of Power|
- Corruption: Prolonged use of the swords can damage the mind of the wielder. Mars Ultor, Mordred, and Cernunnos were corrupted and nearly destroyed by the swords.
- Telepathic Linking: Wounding or killing something with one of the swords of power will allow partial access to the memories and experiences of whatever the sword was connected with.
- Killing: Like the other swords of power, Durendal can kill almost anything. Some things (such as Coatlicue) may be immune to its power, however Clarent was capable of killing the Nidhogg.
- Creation of Ley Lines: Together the swords of power are capable of creating ley lines and ley gates. For instance, Dr. John Dee created a portal into Coatlicue's Shadowrealm using the four swords together.
- Durendal is the twin of Joyeuse.
- The word "Durendal" in French means "Enduring".
- In the Matter of France, Durendal is the sword of Roland, paladin of Charlemagne. According to local folklore, the sword is embedded in the cliff at Rocamadour in France, though the officials in the area call it a replica.