- "Know me: I am le Comte de Saint-Germain. I am the Master of Fire!"
- — The Comte de Saint-Germain
|Name||Francis de Saint-Germain|
|Other Names||Francis, "the Count", "the Thief"|
|Age (Circ. 2012)||Roughly 321|
|Born||Unknown; ostensibly 1691|
|Died||Ostensibly 27 February 1784|
|Status (Circ. 2012)||Unknown|
|Aura Scent||Burnt leaves|
|Relationships and Family|
|Allies/Associates||Nicholas Flamel, Perenelle Flamel, Josh Newman, Sophie Newman, Scathach, Joan of Arc|
|Partner(s)||Joan of Arc (Wife)|
He is also shown to be very laid-back and relaxed, and while somewhat arrogant about his fame as a rock star, it's in more of a good-natured way. Francis uses butterfly tattoos as a trigger for his Fire-elemental magic. Also, in one instance, Saint-Germain used the word ignis (Fire in Latin) just as he ignited a swarm of his butterflies, creating a fantastic fireworks display around the Eiffel Tower. When Sophie asked him why he'd said it when he didn't need to, he simply replied that he "thought it sounded cool." She also thought he'd said 'eggness', and was, understandably, confused.
When Nicholas, Josh and Sophie first enter into Paris, Saint Germain helps them when they reach the Eiffel Tower (while in the pursuit of Niccolo Machiavelli) by using his fire magic to create fireworks in the sky above and below the Eiffel Tower. He also helps them by calling Palamedes to help them when they reach London by train.
He was mentioned in The Necromancer pleading to "The Green Man" (Palamedes elder master) to let him travel through time in order to rescue Joan and Scathach, however they then find out that they have not been transported to a different time, but to a different shadowrealm.
He is said to have black hair and blue eyes.
Powers & Abilities
Fire Magic: Saint-Germain stole the secret of fire from Prometheus and became the Master of Fire. Marethyu helped him properly master Fire.
- Healing: Masters of fire can heal certain types of wounds with fire by fusing and reforming tissue.
- Pyromancy: Masters of fire can create, extinguish, manipulate, move, and throw fire. Fire can be formed into shapes.
- Thermokinesis: Masters of fire can greatly heat an object or enemy with a touch.
- Welding: Masters of fire can melt and fuse stone, metal, and many other substances.