A Greek statue of the titan.
|Title(s)||Master of Time|
|Age (Circ. 2012)||Unknown; likely skewed by time travel|
|Born||Unknown (Complex timeline)|
|Status (Circ. 2012)||Unknown|
|Aura Color||Unknown edit|
|Aura Scent||Unknown edit|
|Relationships and Family|
|Allies/Associates||Marethyu, Abraham, Zephaniah|
Though Chronos does not personally appear in the series, he is discussed several times. He is noted by Prometheus as "puny", and reported as physically repulsive (Tsagaglalal explaining his flesh had been warped by the process of time-travelling; it may be partially caused by the Change). He was widely despised, though Marethyu and Abraham both counted him as a great friend and sought his assistance on numerous occasions. The network of 13 leygates Marethyu used to travel through time were created by Chronos. In The Enchantress, Chronos appears in a flashback in which he shows an assortment of Elders a series of timelines to demonstrate the consequences of their actions.
Powers & Abilities
Time Magic: Chronos is the most powerful master of time known. His abilities are never discussed in detail, but include:
- Precognition: He can see through the threads of time (in other words, he look at any sequence of events that could have led to the present, and at any sequence of events which the future may hold)
- Clairvoyance: He can see present events.
- Time Travel: He is able to travel to other threads of time, past or present. Some points in time may be fixed. He is also able to create permanent portals, working in a similar way to leygates, which allow travel to a set point in history.
- "Chronos" is an archaic Greek word, meaning "time".
- At some point he granted Tammuz a limited power over time.