Chronos (not to be confused with the Greek titan Kronos/Cronus) is an Elder who is notable for his mastery over time magic. He is instrumental in the downfall of the Disir, exchanging Zephaniah's eyes for an ability to gaze through the threads of time. Zephaniah uses this ability to select and assemble a team of warriors that together brought down their empire in an event known as Ragnarok. Chronos' magic is also key to Marethyu's ability to travel through time and in organising the fate of Danu Talis. Though Chronos does not personally appear in the series, he is discussed several times. He is noted by Prometheus as "puny", and reported as physically repulsive (Tsagaglalal explaining his flesh had been warped by the process of time-travelling; it may be partially caused by the Change). He was widely despised, though Marethyu and Abraham both counted him as a great friend and sought his assistance on numerous occasions. The network of 13 leygates Marethyu used to travel through time were created by Chronos. In The Enchantress, Chronos appears in a flashback in which he shows an assortment of Elders a series of timelines to demonstrate the consequences of their actions.
- Immortality: Chronos is Immortal and does not age. Though an immortal may be poisoned or slain in battle, they may live for thousands or millions of years.
Master of Time
- Stop Time: The masters of time can freeze time around them.
- Slow Down Time: The masters of time can slow time down to incredibly slow speeds.
- Rewind Time: The masters of time can rewind time back to past events.
- Speed-Up Time: The masters of time can speed up time to future events.
- Foresight: The masters of time can see the future.
- Clairvoyance: The masters of time can see present events.
- Time Travel: The masters of time can travel to any moment in the past, present, and future. He can even open portals to other time lines and leave them open indefinitely.
- "Chronos" is an archaic Greek word, meaning "time".
- At some point he granted Tammuz a limited power over time.